To stand still is to regress. There are plenty of ways to fulfil your growth strategy, such as organic growth, collaborations and joint ventures. An alternative and frequently used strategy to achieve growth targets is growth through acquisitions. This could be an excellent manner to implement your growth strategy in a faster way.
Next to the support offered to companies during the acquisition process, we as well have a vast amount of experience assisting entrepreneurs with management buyout and management buy in transactions. Match Plan Corporate Finance is able to assist you across all stages of the acquisition process.
The entire process of acquiring a company is further illustrated below. The nature of the acquisition of a company (shares or assets, including or excluding real estate) and the complexity of the required financial funds and negotiations, mainly determine the content of the deal and the duration of the process.
During a well-structured acquisition process it is of great importance to prevent potential pitfalls and to obtain optimal acquisition conditions, in order to ensure a smooth (re)start after the acquisition.
1. Preparation stage
- Determining business strategy
- Determining acquisition strategy
- Market analysis and acquisition research
- Identifying target companies
2. Implementation stage
- Interviewing target companies
- Gathering company specific information
- Conducting a business valuation
- Advisory on deal structure
- Drafting offer letter
- Conducting negotiations
3. Acquisition stage
- Drafting letter of intent
- Obtaining financing
- Coordination of the due diligence research
- Negotiating transaction documentation including the purchase-agreement
- Closing of the deal (formal transfer and payment purchase price)
Are you convinced of our expertise and would you like to receive advice free of obligations with regard to acquisitions? Directly call 0031 70 324 4103 or contact us.